Sunday, July 26, 2009

Last Week








Just got in from a 35 mile ride today. The weather was perfect for it, and I wanted to go about another 10 or 15, but I kind of ran out of time. I guess I should try getting out of bed before 1:30 on Sunday afternoons. I took an entirely different rout than I have before, and it was really amazing. I found myself in areas of the city that I didn't even know existed, and riding through a beautiful new park that was built to control water runoff, protect wetland environments, and educate the patrons (with signs every few hundred yards. It was amazing, and I learned a lot, but reading all the signs made my trip substantially longer). I saw a few wild turkeys, which was unique, as well as a deer that I just about hit as it crossed the path while I came around a turn. I am including some pictures of the dam that was built in this park. Its unbelievable and very random. Its a huge, beautiful piece of art, kind of in the middle of nowhere and not seen by many people. The other pictures are from other parts of my ride.


As for last week, it was spent on the road in Minnesota. I went with my dad to visit our biggest vendor. It was a lot of fun meeting the great people in their organization, and very cool to see their printing presses/bag folders/die cutters/etc. in action. After three days of meetings, we were able to swing by Fargo/Moorhead to visit my grandmother, and some close friends of the family. In all, it was a nice trip, minus the many hours spent driving.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa!....

    i really wish i had a bike....
    But i do have a (shallow) traumatizing experience about bikes...

    Pics was awesome by the way....

    I think i'll follow this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - now the comment thing seems to be working correctly. I tried to leave a comment here about a week ago, but the login thing wasn't working. Anyway...what I wanted to say was that:

    These pictures are beautiful! I got my bike (a Schwinn) back from its tune-up @ the Trek store, and I'm ready to get riding. I'd love for you to show me how to get to this place, because it seems like a really neat spot to check out. The only problem: I went riding with Leah down on the trails by your house and was thoroughly getting worn-out after only 6 miles. Clearly I am not in shape, nor could I ride around the country with you or Nehemiah EVER....it's just not a possibility I do not think. Anyway - I enjoy this blog....but you might want to learn how to spell your friend Nehi's name correctly!

    ReplyDelete