Sunday, July 12, 2009

Welcom/New Bike

Many people have recommended to me lately that I start blogging about my experiences working for a start-up marketing firm. I doubt anyone will really care, but I have been having some amazing experiences and am learning a ton, so I will oblige. I don't really imagine anyone will be reading regularly, which is fine, because I will probably not be posting regularly. However, I thought it might be fun to start creating a web presence. Mostly so that next year I have somewhere to refer potential grad school admissions people to show them what I have been up to/what amazing experience I have.

Anyway, for whatever reason, I now am the proud writer of a blog. The name comes from the fact that I will be blogging mostly about my work selling LOTS of toys, and my biggest hobby, biking.

This is a good time for me to start, because I actually have something exciting going on. I bought a new bike yesterday. It is a Trek 1.5 (as seen here: http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/road/1_series/15/ if anyone knows how to add a link better, let me know) It is amazing. After 4 hours of shopping, and many more of online research, I decided this would be the bike for me to get into road biking. I could see myself becoming addicted. It is an absolute blast, a great workout, is done (by me, in KC) mostly on beautiful trails through the woods. I also got some nice clip-less pedals (the kind your shoes snap into), and thus special shoes to snap into said pedal. A new helmet (I was informed that you should change your helmet every 2 years or so...nice to know I have been riding with a useless bucked on my head for the last 5 years), some awesome shorts, etc. I am now officially decked out.

After getting the bike and all the other stuff yesterday I could not wait to get out for a ride. I only had time for 10 miles, as I had to get back to help a friend with economics.

Today I had some more time, and rode 30 miles. I geniusly planned by ride so that mile 30 was the biggest hill of the entire day. It was an amazing ride and my legs are pretty shot, but I look forward to getting back on it tomorrow.

In other news, last night I both created, and executed, the "Kansas City Cycle". Much like in baseball where a batter gets a single, double, triple, and home run in the same game, last night I went to Legends (which was dead), then Westport, then Martini Corner (Velvet Dog and Mint), and finally Power and Light, making sure to have at least 1 bear at each. It was a good time, but probably next time I will just stick to my standard, Power and Light.

Well, I imagine this is much longer than anyone would want to read, but I had a really great weekend, and am very excited about my new bike. Anyway, we will see if I ever write again...

1 comment:

  1. The blogspot posting window should have a "link" button along the top tool bar.

    Nice to see you dipping your toes in web 2.0, hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete